Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

KiteReaders.com review of Billy and the Thankless Thanksgiving

I was given the opportunity once again from KiteReaders to review a Kindle book at no cost.





I really dig these ebooks- it gives me a chance to read to my daughter often, and we don't have the issue of another book being torn up.. she is still in that destructo phase, and it breaks my heart! There is only so much duct tape can do.

So we wanted a Thanksgiving book, since we don't have one yet. Billy and the Thankless Thanksgiving was our easy choice. The story is about Billy and his lack of appreciation of what his mom does for the family every year. A nice lesson for kids to learn!

This is definitely above her reading level, but I thought we could give it a try. I sat her down on the couch, and started reading. She was pretty interested in the pictures.. telling me about a hat, a spoon, and then when she saw sandwiches she called them waffles. I loved that the best.

The book was short enough that it kept her attention, and she was done when the book was. I suspect we will get more interest in it as she is older, but it was fine for now too. She was just interested enough to stay!