Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

KiteReaders Book Review of Zombie Kids Go Green

I have been working with Kite Readers for a little bit now, and I have to say, I am really enjoying their work.

I was given a free copy of Zombie Kids Go Green to review on my Kindle. 

My Kindle is still broken though, so we ended up reading it on the Kindle Reader on my laptop. That is ok.. the screen is bigger!



So, this book is rated for 3-6, a little higher than my 19 month old, but I find that as long as a book is full of rhyming, she is going to pay attention to it. We sat down, and she was pretty entertained. 

The colors of the book are really nice, I think she liked that the most. She had a funny look on her face as she looked at the pictures, trying to figure out zombies I suspect. But she was interested! As I read through it, she was totally into it. I love reading to her, and this is a great way for us to spend some special time together.

I really enjoyed the eco messages that are woven into the book. I feel like it is never to early to start talking about these themes, and the more a part of your life it is, the more likely it is that your child will follow a green path. We are big treehuggers here, so this is right for us!

I am kind of like a 5 year old in my humor sometimes, so I get/got a huge kick out of this page-


Zombie farts... I can't help myself, this amuses me greatly. The image amused me even more. The man heard me reading this, and laughing and thought I was losing my mind.. oh well..it was funny! I suspect your youngster will find it funny too. My daughter isn't quite old enough to be amused by farting, but someday...

So, even though Halloween is over, I think your child will enjoy the book- the tale is amusing, has some excellent rhymes, and will be something you can go back to time and time again!

Thanks so much to Kite Readers for letting me review this book!