Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ebook review of “JOB INTERVIEW What You Ought to Know”


I was recently provided a free copy of the ebook “JOB INTERVIEW
What You Ought to Know” by Afolabi Tundun for review on my blog. Many of you know that I am in the middle of the “Great Job Search of 2013” and have been on more than a dozen interviews this year, in person and phone. I have a decent resume, and great experience, so I have come to the conclusion that my interview may be the issue. So, along comes this book, at a great moment!


The book is a fairly short read at 14 pages on the viewer that was presented. I found the initial few paragraphs a bit awkward to read, perhaps due to some interesting translation. I did find the rest interesting.

The book is more geared to the beginner job search participant. There is some coaching about not being lazy, and how to properly prepare for an interview in advance. If you have never been on an interview, it is probably some very good advice- dress nicely, apply proper grooming and be on time. For a more seasoned interviewer, I was not presented with any information that was particularly new to me. Of course, after this year of endless interviews, I have probably experienced more than some people do in a lifetime!

There were a series of segments of advice from different authors etc. I can not say I have heard of any of them, but that doesn’t make the advice less valid.

I would steer more of a younger reader, looking for their first job to an ebook such as this. It is short enough to read quickly and easily and apply the messages.


Thanks to Tomoson for providing the opportunity to review this book.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.