Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Buttons Diapers Review



I was presented with the very exciting opportunity to try out some new fluff on my daughter, and could not say no! Buttons Diapers offered to send me a free diaper to try this month, and review on my blog.


Since my daughter is around 25-26 pounds, I asked for the large diaper to test. She is pretty tall so, so we definitely wanted to make sure she was well covered. The diapers are adjustable, and she is on the largest setting.






I noticed right away the difference between the ButtonsDiapers and the ones we have been using. There are 2 layers of PUL. Wow. This really keeps stuff in! I got the diaper prepped as soon as I opened it. The instructions contained in my packaging said to wash the inserts 4 times before usage. This was easy enough, I just washed them a few times alone and then with some other laundry. Wow. The inserts are still so soft and poofy. I don’t think I have felt another diaper insert so soft.

The fluffy bum, ready for tearing up the living room.




I decided to give the dipes a test run with the after morning route which involves breakfast and living room shenanigans. She runs and plays about, and slides on her plastic slide… it gives most diapers a work out. The Buttons dipe performed like a champ. We went with the single insert option for the first run, and we had a #2 test. HA! The diaper easily handled the load, and got put in the wash so we could try it again for naptime. 

The inserts came out looking brand new after the wash.



I found it to be a little lower rise in the front from what we are used to, but this did not impact performance at all. I also had to be certain to check all around the edges to make sure the inserts were not poking out anywhere. I do that with other diapers, so that is not a big deal. The inserts also work fine in my other covers, so there is no worry about it being just for use in the Buttons system.

Next we went for the double insert for naptime, which is really the true test around our house. It was very easy to get the inserts set up and on the baby. The double gussets intrigued me, as none of our other diapers have that. It kept in all that naptime fun. Washed that whole thing again, and it still came out soft and looking like new.




The prices are reasonable as well- if you are going to diaper on a budget, you can easily get a complete system for under $200. ( My example- 10 large nightime doublers, 10 large daytime, and 10 covers)  And the smaller inserts are less expensive. Very reasonable for a stash, and SO much cheaper than disposables!

Did I mention that cloth diapers are just cuter than disposables?

Overall I am pretty impressed with the diaper, and would suggest them to anyone looking for an excellent diaper system. They have some great colors, and if you are like me, you will want a full collection- one ( or more) of each! 

You can check them out on their website:


They have a great video there about how to use their system. If you are new to cloth diapering, you should definitely check it out- no pins here! 

Youtube      Facebook       Twitter       Pinterest



Thanks to Buttons Diapers and Tomoson for letting my review their product! We will be enjoying these for some time to come, I am sure!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.