Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Busy weekend!


Wow- what a busy weekend I had! I let Dad take over for a few hours Sunday morning, and I went to the AZ Women's Expo. I had a great deal from Living Social, and a free gift card for Living Social, so my ticket was free.. all I had to pay for was parking. Nice for a morning out!

I showed up right when it opened so it gave me a chance to see all the displays I really wanted to see before the crazy crowds came. I wanted to see Aveda, so I headed there first- good choice too! I got a free hand massage and scalp massage. They used a fantastic smelling had cream on me- stress-fix™ body lotion

 

http://www.aveda.com/product/5205/21948/Body/Moisturize/stress-fix-body-lotion/index.tmpl

 

If you have never had a treatment from Aveda, I highly suggest trying it. I get my hair cut at an Aveda salon, and I always get a scalp massage with my hair cut, and it is fabulous.

 

Next stop, I visited Scraps of Love-

http://www.cropgirls.com/index.html

 a local scrap booking type company that had a fantastic display of cards and products to make your scrap booking a delight. I saw they had a make it take on a pretty card for free! I saw they were using Copic markers.. I haven't used those before, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. WOW- is all I can say. I have so many stamps that could benefit from coloring in, but I was afraid..the markers were awesome. Easy to use, easy to blend, and in about 10 seconds, I was in love! 

 

I googled them immediately to see where I could pick some up.. and saw the price.. oh holy moly... they are way out of my budget at the moment. I decided to try to find a cheaper alternative, and really, everyone has an opinion on this topic, and they all agree Copic is the best. I found one other idea that was much cheaper- using colored pencils and a solvent to duplicate the look of markers, without the cost. I have a huge box of colored pencils somewhere in this house- I will try this and report back.

 

So, onto the other attractions that interested me- alcohol sampling! No worries- the samples are so small you can not get inebriated. Tried some things I may buy. Will report on those as I buy them.

 

I spent a lot of time working through the teeth cleaning, weight loss products and cooking products... looking for something of interest. I have to admit, I did not see as much this year as I had other years. I recall seeing hospitals and health groups there, doing quick blood pressure, sugar tests etc. in the past. None of them this year. I also enjoyed the energy savings booths they used to have. None this time.. and I think the most missed booths were the food testing- we used to have grocery stores there, testing new products and handing out coupons galore. Sure the lines were long, but there was awesomeness to behold at the end! Usually the samples were full sized products, and I found a lot there that I ended up buying later..

 
I felt a little let down at the whole thing. I will probably not go again unless I get a good coupon deal for next time.. which is a bummer because the event